Saturday, June 29, 2024

First POTA

 I finally got all the pieces together and went out to do a Parks on the Air activation. The two closest parks are currently beneath the currents of the Missouri River, so I had to go to plan C. Boy am I glad I did! 

I had never been to the Glenwood Archeological Preserve until this morning, and it is a really pretty spot. Also, lots if great trees for tossing up a line and getting an antenna in the air.

Not counting setup and take-down, I operated for roughly an hour and 45 minutes and made 41 contacts. It was a lot of fun!

Here are some pictures:









I used my Xiegu G90 at 10 watts, TalentCell 12V 6Ah battery, CWMorse paddle, and a 66 foot end-fed sloper. Worked pretty good. Definitely going to do this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Log